Hi, I’m Bug.
Mom. Wife. Writer. Outdoorswoman by marriage. KSU lover. Bacon hater – please don’t drop me as a friend.
Ok, my real name is Julie. Bug is a nickname.
I am married to Scott. We have two school-aged girls, Emma and Kate.
We live in a suburb of Kansas City. I started this blog in 2009 as a way to document the lives of my children.
And then it spiraled out of control and I somehow went off on a bikini wax rant.
Welcome to Bug Bytes!
My blog story:
- No one really knew about my blog until I wrote the post Emma got in trouble at school. And then all of ESPN knew.
- I was “Freshly Pressed” on WordPress for Mommy Shaming.
- Scott’s favorite blog post of all time is The Rack.
- I post every Monday. Sometimes it’s really late on Monday so more like Tuesday. Or Wednesday.
My writing story:
- I am currently a writer for Simply KC Magazine. You should read it online. It’s good.
- I am a contributing writer for Sammiches and Psych Meds and The Good Men Project.
- I am one of the funniest parents on NBC’s The Today Show.
- I am an 2016-2017 ambassador for National Geographic Kids.
I can be reached at: