I’m a big believer in “if it’s my time to die, it’s my time to die.”
If my plane goes down, I guess I’ll go holding hands with a stranger.
If I get whacked in the head with a foul ball because I was paying more attention to my nachos, well, at least my last meal was beer and nachos.
If I get ebola, they’ll still let me have my laptop in the hospital room, right? I can live tweet my own death.
Ebola. Yes, it’s scary. No, I’m not worried about catching it.
Just like I wasn’t worried about the bird flu, swine flu or H1N1. Are any of those the same thing? I will say I was rooting for Y2K to blow up the computers. I was a senior in high school and wanted out early.
But I do worry.
There are worse things to worry about in life than ebola:
- Cracking a tooth on frozen Halloween candy because I have no damn self control.
- San Francisco Giants fans.
- Being 2.5 years away from re-living middle school.
- Scott leaving his family for a tree stand when his daughters start wearing bras.
- Wrinkles and saggy boobs.
- Facebook, in general.
- “Mom, will you check my butt to see if I wiped good?”
- Never having the amount of money Pinterest thinks I have.
- Wondering if my blog is shit.
- Wondering if I am shit.
- Waking up to an Oklahoma flag flying on my house.
- Having matches on hand.
- Wondering if my friends traveling back from South Africa will understand our concern when they come home to a plastic-wrapped house with caution tape all over. QUARANTINED.
Are you worried about ebola? Did you worry about other mass epidemics? What do you worry about for no good reason?