Ooooo…what’s this little jewel? Ha!
I send a mass text message to Scott’s family. I double check to make sure Scott’s brother, Mark, (a UT grad) is on the text:
I hear Scott’s phone ding with my text.
Scott: BUG!! It’s 7:30 in the morning!! Are you seriously starting the trash talk this early?
Me: What? Is that a problem? He’s awake.
Sometimes I think I’m the sports-obsessed male in this relationship. What is wrong with me? Do I have hair on my chest?
- I swear, by April, I will be making myself an appointment at the doctor because I’ll have a freaking UTI. If K-State is winning, I will not move. I don’t care how bad I have to pee. Once the ending buzzer sounds, you can bet money I am running with duck butt to the toilet. And probably tweeting at the same time.
- I am seriously considering buying 3 tickets to the Big 12 Tourney in Kansas City today. The 3 ticket holders will be Emma, Kate and myself. I will brave downtown with a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old on a school night. The girls will love it. Scott is out of town tonight. Suckaaaaaa.
- If K-State loses at any point in this season, oh dear Lord. When I say don’t talk to me, I mean it. Do not talk to me. I will probably have an epic meltdown on Twitter.
- I have done my research to counter any argument against K-State not being the best team in the nation.
- I showed Kate a video of KSU’s tunnel dance on YouTube. Kate: Uh, why are they dancing? They need to be playing basketball. She will make a fine KSU Women’s Basketball player one day.
- One of the rules in our house is no screaming. But if K-State hits a 3 at the buzzer against Baylor? Oh, sorry girls. Did mommy wake you with her screaming? K-State won! Let’s all just scream it out! Open the windows and scream! Eeeeeeeeee!!! Ok, go back to bed.
- Gopowercat.com? I read every article. Sportstalk radio? It’s the only thing my car speakers know. ESPN on TV? Get out of here, Yo Gabba Gabba.
- I need anxiety meds. Or a shot of estrogen to make me a normal woman. A day at the spa as long as they let me check scores on my phone. Man, somethin’.
Let the March Madness begin, folks!! I wish your favorite teams luck! Uh, unless they play K-State.
Oh wait, Texas won’t be dancin’ this year, Mark. BOOM.