I’m very sick. I caught a cold from my kids. The whole house suffers when I’m sick. I’m not good at “toughing” through a cold; My eyes constantly water, I get a headache, my pillow is completely wet in morning from all the drool and snot pouring out of every crevice of my face. I spend a good 20 minutes hawking into the sink in the morning. I’m a mess.
This is the one of the few times I wished I didn’t stay at home with kids. I can’t call into work sick and rest for the day.
So to answer everyone’s questions:
1. Thanksgiving was nice. Scott’s family stayed here for the weekend. Some of my family came over as well. My kitchen dishes and utensils were put to the biggest test since Scott and I got married. I have never hosted so many people at my house before. I think it went well if that means I have way too many leftovers.
2. I saw The Muppets with Emma, my brother and sister-in-law. Very cute. Emma enjoyed it. Her favorite is Fozzy Bear, who wears whoopee cushions on his shoes.
3. No, we didn’t join the crazies at 4am to shop. We did shop a little later in the day. So close to getting my shopping done!
4. I turned the big 30 on Sunday. We went to the Chiefs game. I had my good ‘ole friend Mr. Whiskey to drown my sorrows of the loss from the Chiefs (and my 20s). The two space heaters blowing in my face was a nice touch by my dad. I didn’t feel any older until Scott pointed out my grey hairs growing in this morning:
Don’t worry, you can’t see them unless you’re looking for them. You’re Mexican. You’re supposed to have salt and pepper hair.
5. Scott’s family celebrated Christmas this weekend as well. The girls got an Elf on the Shelf, named Buddy, from their Uncle Mark and Aunt Ashley. I’ll post my hiding places later. My favorite thing I got is a Clarisonic Mia. It’s like having the spa wash my face every night. I didn’t even know about it until I got it! My 30-year-old skin looks 20-something amazing. I wish it had the same effect (affect?) on my hair.
6. For my 30th/Christmas, I got a wedding band from Scott. When we got married, I just wanted to save money. I opted to not get a wedding band. I have been perfectly happy with just my engagement ring. Diamonds are not my best friend. Scott is. Scott couldn’t wait until my birthday to give me this wedding band. I got it about 3 weeks ago under my pillow before going to bed. Scott did the same thing when he proposed – he just can’t hold jewelry for long. He has to give it to me like it’s a hot potato. Or he just really wanted to get laid. Who knows.
That’s my weekend. I’m going to go back to feeling like crap now. Until next time…