In honor of this sizzling, hot summer. 110 heat indexes – really? Here is a list of my favorite summer things:
1. Midsummer Night Yankee candle. This doesn’t really remind me of summer. It reminds me of men’s cologne. But I’m a rule follower and it says summer on the title. So, you know.
2. Freeze pops aka Pop Ice aka sugar water.
3. Cherry Limeade from Sonic. And the diet one sucks. Don’t even go there. Splurge a little with real sugar.
4. Tropical Coconut body wash by Suave. It’s summer washed on my body.
5. Boulevard Wheat with lemons. You may find this year round at my house.
6. Corn Dip (recipe below)
7. Hootie and the Blowfish’s “Cracked Rear View” on repeat. Every song reminds me of summer. Does this show my age?
8. Tiki torches lit outside.
9. The Royals announcers on the radio/tv at night. Not really listening to the game but just having them on is relaxing. It brings back childhood memories of growing up with a baseball-loving family. Back when the KC Royals were good.
10. My parent’s pool. I love free-loading.
Corn Dip Recipe:
3 (15 oz) cans Mexicorn (well drained)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 package shredded Mexican cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 can Rotal (I use hot…but most people like regular)
Mix together and serve with frito chips.