The cold never bothered me anyway.

18 Aug

Emma: Mommy, why are we dumping a bucket of water on your head after school?

Me: Well, people want to help fight a disease called ALS.

Emma: What is ALS?

Me: Here, let’s look it up. Ok. It’s a disease. It starts in the brain and it attacks the muscles. If someone gets ALS they won’t be able to move or swallow. They eventually cannot breathe. And there is no cure. People are video taping themselves getting a bucket of ice water dumped on their head to raise awareness. And they are donating money to help figure out how to stop the disease.

Emma: But why a bucket of ice water?

Me: I don’t know. It’s a challenge maybe? It’s a little crazy, huh?

Kate: Elsa would like it.

Me: Ha! She would.

A shout out to my two crazy, talented friends -

Click here to wish Carmen Carver warm thoughts – Carmen Carver Photography and Design.

Click here to watch Justin Liebergen on his YouTube show, Vash and Justin.

Click here to donate to the ALS Association.  – I also nominate everyone that hasn’t dumped a bucket of ice water over your head to donate. I don’t want our kids explaining to their kids what ALS is.

6 Responses to “The cold never bothered me anyway.”

1. justinliebergen August 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM #

That was awesome! And smart choice using the child cuteness factor ;) I didn’t have that option.

• Julie August 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM #

I had to use the kids! It’s a “mommy blog.” :) Let me know if I need to shuttle my kids to NYC, you are welcome to use them as an option next time. Ha!
      Thanks for the nomination. I was happy to donate as well.

2. donofalltrades August 19, 2014 at 9:10 PM #

You win the internet today!! Great job!

• Julie August 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM #

No, YOU won today, my friend. My post is just me bored on a weekend while Scott was gator hunting in South Florida.

3. brickhousechick August 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM #

I am catching up on my reading and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this!! How adorable are you????? Way too adorable to handle! You are so funny and talented. This is a great video. Looks like the kids had a blast too.

• Julie August 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM #

Oh, the kids loved it!! They loved the ice bucket the most.
      But how awesome would it be to find a cure after all this money raised?? I want to tell my kids we helped save people’s lives.