This is how I write.

11 Aug

I want to grab your attention with this sentence.

Then I start my post. As I write, I figure out what the point of the post is. It’s just rambling if there isn’t one. Sometimes I ramble.

I hit enter on my keyboard a lot.

Spaces in between sentences are easier to read. No one wants to read one long, boring paragraph. It’s hard for me to re-read. I assume it’s hard for you to read too because we’re all the same person. Long paragraphs are fine if they are written well – I’m not slamming other writers.

I don’t think I write that well. I’m just good at spacing.

See?

This is much easier to read.

And faster.

Weee! We’re flying along now!

And, uh, I write exactly how I think. Like, this is so totally the voice in my head right now.

I highlight in italics if I’m making a joke. Is this funny?

Me: And sometimes I write dialogue so I don’t have to keep using quotations marks.

Scott: And this makes you hit the enter button a lot too.

Me: Correct, Scott. It’s much easier to read like this. And stop reading over my shoulder. I can’t think with the pressure.

I hope you are still reading. If not, I least I got a page hit from you. You can’t take that back even if you think my writing sucks.

Thanks for the page hit.

I believe anyone can write like this. All I do is move words from my head to my fingertips. It’s not hard.

But it is hard. One click of the publish button is judgement. It makes me want to pull blankets over my face. It’s my Internet voice – it’s different than my in-person voice. Except the dialogue – that is exactly how Scott and I speak to each other. Scott gets to live with my Internet voice. And he seems to like me. Do you like me? Do you hate me? I shouldn’t care. I need a blanket.

I hope what I write does not bore you. I just sent this post off to my friend to read because I can’t tell if my writing is good anymore. She has no problem telling me I suck. Hi Christine! I’m rambling. I’ll stop.

The ending is the hardest to write. I try to tie it back to the first sentence.

Did I keep your attention?

This is my visual.

This is my visual.

8 Responses to “This is how I write.”

1. alwayssavannah August 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM #

It’s funny reading this because this is almost exactly how I write my posts too! Well written!

• Julie August 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM #

And…you are followed. It’s easy if you have a formula to it. I just want to write something I would want to read. Thanks for reading!

2. @poetsmiles August 11, 2014 at 1:57 PM #

Hi. This is just how writing should be. I found your blog fun to read. Keep writing…you kept my interest and I am fussy!

• Julie August 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM #

Ha! I kept your interest – that’s all I really want to hear. :) thanks for reading!

3. snoozing on the sofa August 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM #

You have to be one of the top 5 spacers on the internet.

• Julie August 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM #

Thank
      You
      Oh
      So
      Very
      Much.

4. Aussa Lorens August 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM #

YEP! Same. Story flows out just like I say it out loud. Minus all the “ums” and “ya knows” and “like” and “oh that actually has nothing to do with anything, I just like q-tips.”

• Julie August 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM #

You know I blush every time you comment – you are, like, the greatest writer ever. :)

Liked by 1 person